The External Advisory Board provides advice and support to the Davidson Honors College in its mission to serve as a center of excellence in undergraduate education at The University of Montana. The Board and its members:
- offer advice to the College's dean, especially from the perspectives of individuals whose daily lives and experience are located primarily in the off-campus world of business, science, the professions, and society at large;
- develop off-campus internships and similar educational experiences for the College's outstanding students;provide supportive off-campus mentoring of selected DHC students;
- participate, when appropriate, in DHC programs and activities;
- recruit exceptional students to the DHC and the University;
- suggest and arrange other special off-campus educational opportunities for the College's students; and
- assist the DHC in raising funds to enhance the state support received by the College.
Organization and Terms
The Board membership shall reflect the diverse nature of The University of Montana and the DHC alumni and friends. We seek individuals who ensure geographic, ethnic, and gender balance, as well as representation from a variety of disciplines and class years. Nominations for new members shall be made by a Nominating Committee composed of Board members; appointments to the Board shall be made by the dean. Appointments are for a term of three years and may be renewed once.
The Faculty Advisory Board provides advice and support to the Davidson Honors College in its mission to serve as a center of excellence in undergraduate education at the University of Montana. The Board and its members:
- offer advice to the College's dean, especially with regard to curricular decisions and the setting of standards for admission and graduation;
- provide, when requested, supportive mentoring of DHC students;
- participate, when appropriate, in DHC programs and activities; and
- help recruit exceptional students to the DHC and the University.
Organization and Terms:
The Faculty Advisory Board membership shall consist of exemplary faculty from the College of Arts and Sciences and from each of the professional schools. Members serve for a term of three years. The Board will meet at least once each semester, and will work with the DHC Student Advisory Council when appropriate.
Faculty Advisory Board Members:
- Albert Borgmann, Regents Professor, Philosophy
- Bruce Bowler, Professor, Chemistry
- Paul Dietrich, Professor, Liberal Studies
- Ashby Kinch, Associate Professor, English
- Greg Larson, Professor, Communication Studies
- Marton Marko, Assistant Professor, Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures
- Libby Metcalf, Associate Professor, W.A. Franke College of Forestry and Conservation
- Jakki Mohr, Regents Professor, Management and Marketing
- Liz Putnam, Associate Professor, Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- James Randall, Associate Professor, Music
- Robert Saldin, Associate Professor, Political Science
- Dan Spencer, Associate Professor, Environmental Studies
Emeritus status may be granted to members of the Davidson Honors College Advisory Board upon their completion of a term of service on the Advisory Board. The Emeritus Board Member title is conferred by the Dean of the Davidson Honors College upon recommendation of the Advisory Board Chair. Emeritus Board Members are invited to participate in events and activities organized by the Davidson Honors College and to remain engaged in outreach, support, and advocacy for the Davidson Honors College and the University of Montana.
- Nancy Davidson, Great Falls, MT
- Tom Hayes, Great Falls, MT
- Margaret Kingsland, Missoula, MT
- Kitte Robins, Missoula, MT
- Kathleen Roth, Missoula, MT
- Ann Boone, Missoula, MT
- Dean Hellinger, Shelby, MT
- Jennifer Isern, Delhi, India
- Carol McElwain, Columbia Falls, MT
- Mickey Sogard, Polson, MT
- Nelson Weller, Alexander Valley, CA