Career Development Fellowship Program
Welcome to the Davidson Honors College Career Development Program Fellows! We are looking forward to working with you in the coming year(s).
Moving forward, the Inaugural Cohort of Career Development Fellows will work collaboratively with the new DHC Career Development Director, other DHC advisors, and each other to help shape their future careers from internships to postgraduate opportunities.
- Establish a holistic career engagement plan for your time at the DHC, including internships and scholarships;
- Work collaboratively with DHC advisors and peers to develop a strategic career plan;
- Discuss interests and thoughtfully align opportunities to advance career or post-graduate education goals; and
- Workshop resumes, cover letters, and interview techniques as a cohort.
Draft Syllabus (2019-2020)
- Introductions and Career Development Action Plan
- Your Leadership Journey and Life Story
- Financial Literacy 101 (Managing Your Money Before, During, and After Your Internships)
- Building Your Toolkit (LinkedIn, Resume, Cover Letter)
- Building Your Support Team and Growing Your Network
- Additional Points of Engagement: alumni speakers, local business lunches, travel