Join other intellectually curious high school students on campus at the University of Montana's Davidson Honors College and engage in a college experience by living on campus in the honors dorm, eating in the FoodZoo dining hall, exploring Missoula, Montana and Glacier National Park while also earning college credit through one of three courses taught by award-winning honors faculty.
Features of the Progam
During your two weeks at the University of Montana, you attend class in the morning and participate in college readiness workshops or out-of-class engagement activities in the afternoon. In the evenings, you eat in the dining hall, finish homework in your dorm room, and attend social activities. The weekend will include an excursion to Glacier National park.
On-campus housing with fellow pre-college students and residential staff, who are students of the Davidson Honors College.
Structured days with weekday class meetings, pre-college activities such as college essay writing and study skills, as well as exploration of the many outdoor spaces Missoula and Montana have to offer in connection with the specific course you choose. Select the application link below to complete the online application:
Application Deadline: April 1, 2018
- Student's unofficial high school transcript.
- Statement of Interest: In 500 words or less, please describe your interest in participating in the Schwanke Honors Institute. Please be specific in the experiences you have had, what you are interested in learning, and why you would like to participate in this institute.
Below are a few experiences you will have this summer in the Schwanke Honors Institute coordinated by the Davidson Honors College. A choice of three different, 3-credit courses designed to give pre-college students a preview of college academics taught by University of Montana faculty:
Estimated cost of the 2-week program is $1500, which includes tuition, lodging, meals and activities.
- Tuition: $859.02 (Montana residents and non-residents pay the same tuition)
- Lodging: approximately $280 (double occupancy for 12 nights)
- Meals: approximately $270 (breakfasts and dinners only; some lunches are provided, but be sure to bring extra spending money for the afternoons lunch is not provided)
- Group Activities: approximately $100 (transportation and entrance fees)
There are a limited number of tuition-only scholarships which will be awarded on the basis of financial need. Information about applying for a scholarship is included in the application.